Wednesday, February 18, 2009

There's a google in ...

Earlier today .. Avaneesh walks in with a troubled look on his face & holding his tummy. 

"Papa, there's a google in my bum"

"!!!?##?" was my dumbstruck response.

Once I figured out what he meant, I promptly dispatched him to the loo where he did relieve himself of his 'google' .   

So,  why did he say that? 
Google images is his browser homepage, and is QA'ed extensively for pics of cartoons, trucks, cars.. and youtube for videos of firetrucks, cars, and cartoons. But in his terminology that is 'using the computer' and not 'google'. 

Yesterday I suggested 'Why don't you use google to find the pictures?' when he had very specific questions about Orc & Ogre body parts/armor..etc. (He's my active audience when I play Battle for Wesnoth)
He nodded again that too-quick nod.  Clearly, the word stayed in his head without the meaning. 

So, why did he pick 'google' of all words in the world to indicate diarrhoea ? 
I guess the word had the right  'sound'. 'Google' is close to gurgle, gul gul.. ( which is an slang in kannada to indicate an upset tummy) . 

I bet this is one usage of 'google' that never was, and probably never will be!   

No comments:

Post a Comment